Strategic Marketing Module – IBSS DBA Program
Strategic Marketing Module
The program rational to equip students with theoretical and practical knowledge in carrying out research.
Upon completion of this subject students should be able to:
- Explain the rationale, discuss the application and elaborate on the subject matter for each of the topics covered.
- Explain the underlying assumptions and limitations in the use of theories and approaches in the research of its issues.
- Adopt and use relevant theory, approach, methodology and analytical technique to carry out market research, analyze the data and evaluate and synthesis the results obtained to explain the phenomenon being studied or the issue being discussed.
Information gathering, data processing, interpretation, critical analysis of data and writing skills and ability to work independently.
This subject aims to expose students on the importance of future market and seeks to provide in depth knowledge on analyzing, planning, and implementing it, exploring new ideas in marketing planning and its outcomes. It is designed based on the premise that market is dynamic and hence one needs to learn about how to develop a long-term marketing plan.
Combinations of class lectures, tutorials, group discussions of issues and case studies and assignments.
Section A – Foundations of Strategic Marketing
- Foundations of Strategic Marketing Management
- Financial Aspects of Market
- Market Decision Making Process
- Developing Competitive Advantage and Strategic Focus
- Market Segmentation and Market Targeting
- Product and Service Strategy
- Pricing Strategy
- Strategic Issues in Distribution and Market Communication
- Formulation and the Control Process
Section B – Theories in Strategic Marketing Research
- General Theory of and Ethics
- Normative Theory of market
- The Theory of 4Ps
- Resource Advantage Theory Of Competition
- Maslow’s Theory of The Hierarchy Of Needs
- Theory of Planned Behaviour
- Philip Kottler And Market 3.0
- The Commitment-Trust Theory In Relationship Market
- The Bucket Theory of Market
Section C – Perspectives in Strategic Marketing Research
- Marketing Vs Market Vs Consumer Research
- Market And Technology
- Social Model of Marketing
- Schools of Thoughts In Market
- Ethnographic Research
- Behavior of Consumers, Purchase Intention
For more information kindly visit our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/IBSSEGYPT/