Research Methodology Module – IBSS DBA Program
To equip students with theoretical and practical knowledge in carrying out a scholarly business researching.
Upon completion of this subject, students should be able to:
- Explain the rational, discuss the process and elaborate on the choice of tools and procedures adopted in carrying out a scholarly business and/or management related to.
- Explain the underlying assumptions and limitations in the use of each technique discussed in the design researching.
- Adopt and use relevant technique, compute and analyze the data and evaluate and synthesis the results obtained to explain the phenomenon being studied or the issue being discussed.
Information gathering, data processing, interpretation, critical analysis of data and writing skills and ability to work independently.
This subject seeks to expose students researching methods in business. It focuses on understanding the philosophy, processes, designs and various research methods such the experimental, surveys and correlation studies. Other issues to be discussed will include development of instruments and issues relating to reliability and validity, problem identifications, techniques to review relevant academic literature, sampling, ethics involved in research and how to write the report.
Combinations of class lectures, tutorials, group discussions of issues and case studies and assignments.
Introduction – The Philosophy of Research
- The Researching Process – an Overview
- Research Paradigms § The Quantitative vs Qualitative Research
- The PhD / DBA Researching
Theory – Definition, Roles and Development
- What Is Theory and what are roles of theories?
- Theory Development – Inductive vs Deductive
- Grounded Theory vs ‘a priory’ theorizing
Problem Definition and Review of Literature
- Determining issues and problems for researching
- Defining researching problem
- Justifying research
- Types and sources of literature search
- Reviewing the literature – what to look for and how to do it?
- Writing a literature review
For more information kindly visit our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/IBSSEGYPT/