Organizational Leaderships Module – IBSS DBA Program
To equip students with theoretical and practical knowledge in carrying out organizational and leadership research.
Upon completion of this subject, students should be able to:
- Explain the rationale, elaborate on the subject matter and discuss the application for each of the topics covered.
- Explain the underlying assumptions and limitations in the use of organizational and leadership theories and approaches in research.
- Adopt and use relevant theory, approach, methodology and analytical technique to carry out organizational and leadership research, analyze the data and evaluate and synthesis the results obtained to explain the phenomenon being studied or the issue being discussed.
Information gathering, data processing, interpretation, critical analysis of data and writing skills and ability to work independently.
This course seeks to expose students to the contents, process and context of carrying out scholarly organization and leadership research. Discussion will start by exploring the overall aspects of leadership traits, skills, and behavior of effective and the impact these have on business organizations. After that students will be exposed to theories used in trying to understand organization and leadership research and finally to popular areas of research..
Combinations of class lectures, tutorials, group discussions of issues and case studies and assignments.
Section A – Foundations of Organizational Leaderships
- Leadership – Management Practice – Performance and Leadership Types
- Leadership Traits Values and Norm
- Leadership Qualities and Competencies
- Environmental Factors for Leadership Effectiveness
- Communication for Leaders
- Managing Team
- Design And Structure for organization
- Culture & Leadership for organization
- Leadership & Change Management
Section B – Theories in Organizational Leaderships Research
- Organization Theories
- The Classical (Scientific, Human Relations, Bureaucratic And Administrative Management Theories)
- New Classical Theories
- Decision Making Theories (Bounded Rationality, Rational Decision Making, Coalition And Garbage Can Models)
- Contingency Theory
- Systems Theory
- Political Theories (Resource Dependent, Critical Theory, Conflict Theories)
- Cultural Theories
- Control Theories (Cybernetic Model, Agency Theory, Markets, Bureaucracies And Clans, Symbolic, Ideological Theories)
- Change Theories
- Leadership Theories
- Trait Theory
- Behavioral Theory
- Transactional Theory
- Transformational Theory
- Charismatic Theory
- Situational Theory
Section C – Perspectives in Organizational Leaderships Research
- Leaders vs managers
- Focus on the study of leadership – organization vs individual
- Gender issues
- Leadership styles
- Organization performance.
For more information kindly visit our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/IBSSEGYPT/