Strategic Management – IBSS DBA Program
Strategic Management Module Program Rationale
To equip students with theoretical and practical knowledge in carrying out strategic marketing research.
Strategic Management Module Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this subject, students should be able to:
Explain the rationale, discuss the application and elaborate on the subject matter for each of the topics covered.
Explain the underlying assumptions and limitations in the use of theories and approaches in the research of strategic marketing issues.
Adopt and use relevant theory, approach, methodology and analytical technique to carry out marketing research, analyze the data and evaluate and synthesis the results obtained to explain the phenomenon being studied or the issue being discussed.
Information gathering, data processing, interpretation, critical analysis of data and writing skills and ability to work independently.
This subject aims to expose students on the importance of future marketing and seeks to provide in depth knowledge on analyzing, planning, and implementing strategic marketing, exploring new ideas in marketing planning and its outcomes. It is designed based on the premise that marketing is dynamic and hence one needs to learn about how to develop a long-term marketing plan.
Section A – Foundations of Strategic Marketing
- Foundations of Strategic Marketing Management
- Financial Aspects of Marketing
- Marketing Decision Making Process
- Developing Competitive Advantage and Strategic Focus
- Market Segmentation and Market Targeting
- Product and Service Strategy
- Pricing Strategy
- Strategic Issues in Distribution and Marketing Communication
- Strategic Marketing Formulation and the Control Process
Section B – Theories in Strategic Marketing Research
- General Theory of Marketing Ethics
- Normative Theory of Marketing
- The Marketing Theory of 4Ps
- Resource Advantage Theory of Competition
- Maslow’s Theory of The Hierarchy Of Needs
- Theory of Planned Behavior
- Philip Kottler And Marketing 3.0
- The Commitment-Trust Theory In Relationship Marketing
- The Bucket Theory of Marketing
Section C – Perspectives in Strategic Marketing Research
- Marketing Vs Market Vs Consumer Research
- Marketing And Technology
- Social Model of Marketing
- Schools of Thoughts In Marketing
- Ethnographic Research
- Behavior of Consumers, Purchase Intention
For more information kindly visit our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/IBSSEGYPT/